Quotes from an interesting article I came across the other day:
- "Without solid architecture and governance in place SOA is basically a waste of time."
- "Another problem is that people are focusing on the "service oriented" rather than the "architecture." However, it's architecture and discipline that will enable SOA to deliver value."
- "We're hearing too many organizations making really bad decisions -- such as rewriting their entire application portfolio to make it service-enabled...which is exactly the wrong approach."
- "...customers have to take a step back from their discussions with vendors and make some decisions on their own about how they want to proceed with it."
- "...it represents more of a cultural change than learning how to take advantage of a new feature."
Read the complete article... and make up your mind!